1) Ian St John died today at the age of 82. It was the Saint’s extra-time header versus Leeds at Wembley that won Liverpool their very first FA Cup in 1965. Checked in 1961, and in collaboration with Roger Hunt, he was the star forward of Costs Shankly’s group which developed the club as one of English football’s finest, as seen here in a TELEVISION homage to his old coach broadcast in 1981. After spells handling Motherwell and Portsmouth, Saint moved into a TELEVISION profession. Here he is crossing the Merseyside divide to participate in Everton training prior to the 1984 FA Cup last. It was as co-presenter as Saint and Greavsie that he made his popularity. Here the set are signed up with by Bobby Robson, Alex Ferguson and future Sky News guy Jeremy Thompson to sneak peek an elaborate-looking draw for the 1986 World Cup. Saint was signed up with by an extremely different-looking Greavsie for one unforgettable sector of the program. Here’s a number of complete episodes from 25 March 1989 and 5 January 1991 with great deals of clips here. And who can forget the 1992 Rumbelows Cup quarter-final draw, where Saint permitted one Donald Trump to fill out?
2) Can you withstand this piece of backheeled genius from Notts County’s Elisha Sam?
3) Today saw the return of Stephen Hendry, maybe the best snooker gamer of all, with apologies to Ronnie O’Sullivan and Tony Meo. The seven-time world champ lost 4-1 to Matthew Selt in the preliminary of the Gibraltar Open however did handle a 776th profession century break on his go back to the green baize. Here’s him at his finest prior to his retirement in 2012, when he signed off with a 147 at the Crucible. He won his last world title in 1999.
4) Mathieu van der Poel, the Dutch nationwide biking champ, was preferred to win the Le Samyn one-day race however his handlebars snapped in the closing kilometres. He then led out Alpecin-Fenix colleague Tim Merlier with his hands on the tops to gather the win.
5) Michèle Mouton is the most effective female rally motorist of perpetuity. She took 4 triumphes and ended up runner-up in the chauffeurs’ world champion in 1982, shining in the middle of the wildest and most frightening years of the sport. View her in action at the Goodwood Celebration of Speed in 1999 and profiled by BBC Breakfast in 1983. She even discovered time to take Barney Ronay for a spin in 2008 prior to the Race of Champions, which she co-founded in 1988.
6) 2 NBA legends together however Dwayne Wade remained awake while Shaquille O’Neal fell asleep in his CPAP sleep apnea mask.
1) “Remarkable hurdling!” Grant Holloway breaks Colin Jackson’s 60m difficulties world record, and there’s not an extremely spike in sight.
2) The previous Ireland prop Gary Halpin passed away recently aged 55. Halpin scored a remarkable shot (with a much more unforgettable event) versus the All Blacks at the 1995 World Cup.
3) On board at Le Mans with Jaguar’s Mike Hawthorn back in 1956.
4) Ian Fitch’s GSX-1000 engined, active aero helped SuperQuad hillclimber is a thing to see at complete throttle.
Spotters’ badges: vsbain67, germit, GrahamClayton.
Guardian YouTube football channel
Do subscribe, if you expensive.
Guardian YouTube sport channel
Do subscribe, if you expensive.